MACC : Management Accounting and Cost Control
MACC (Management Accounting & Cost Control) is a core application developed by Computec to act as the central engine for a host of applications, each of which is targeted to a specific application sector of interest. MACC is the basic system for Management Accounting & Cost Control . The modules here include the basic applications such as:
- General Accounting
- Budget and Financial Reporting
- Purchase Orders and Automatic Landing of Goods
- Accounts Payable and Automatic Printing of Cheques
- Payroll and Personnel
- Human Resources
- Stock Control (Consumables and Spare Parts)
- Fixed Assets Management
- Integrated Invoicing, Stock Control, Account Receivable and Sales Reporting
- Standard cost and Cost Variance Analysis
MACC features include :
- All modules integrate with each other for optimum system control and accuracy and to eliminate any need for re-entry or duplication of data.
- Each module can generate the appropriate journal voucher entry which is held in a temporary area for listing and control before passing to the general accounting for final posting. This ensures the integrity of the central accounting data.
- All accounting transactions of posting, amending or deletion are all recorded in the system audit trail which is kept in a secure area accessible only to super user.
- Through the pro-active process with our clients and users, the systems undergo a continuous process of evolution and enhancement. Whenever any specific client needs are ascertained the Computec staff can personalize and adapt the systems to meet these specific needs.
- All systems are modular and additional modules can be added later on, as and when needed.
- All modules have been developed using ORACLE Tools and ORACLE RDBMS as the database engine, this ensures :
- A very reliable and powerful database.
- System transparency and transportability over a very wide range of platforms.
- Since Oracle is the most widely used database worldwide the Oracle database and systems can be accessed by a wide variety of popular tools for user defined inquiry and reporting.
- The scalability of the database allows it to start with a single user and upgrade to any number of users running a multi processor environment.
- Systems output can be directed to other popular tools.