R-MACC : Retail Management Accounting and Cost Control
R-MACC is an integrated product that meets the needs of retail companies by providing systems for the sales outlets and for the back office and the complete communication and control facilities between them. R-MACC has the following features:
- The system provides for extended point of sales (POS) functionalities which run on conventional PC’s.
- The back office modules provide the customer with all the modules required to handle the stock management, the purchasing cycle, accounting and payroll.
- System comes with a full communication module to ensure proper transmission of stock and sales data between all the outlets and the head office.
- System is fully tested for the local environment with multi currency purchasing and sales possibilities and is already running in several major companies in the region.
- Bar coding is supported throughout the system to provide for speed and accuracy of receiving and selling of goods.
- The complete R-MACC system is composed of several integrated modules some of which can be operated as standalone systems.
R-MACC outlet modules:
- Point of Sales system with full functionalities required to handle all the customer needs as well as outlet controls and link to back office functions. It includes : On Account Charging, On Account Settlements and Statements, Coupons Management, Consignee Stock and Sales Management, Multicurrency settlement, Reservations of items, Management of credit cards data and fidelity cards, Issue and maintenance of coupons and gift certificates, Wedding list, de-taxation procedure.
- Outlet Back Office functions including : Automated Stock Receiving and Transfers, Accounting Preparations and Reports, Communication to other Branches and Head Office for data Synchronisation (new items, price updates, etc…).
- R-MACC head office modules:
Communication with warehouses and sales outlets : In order to provide for a secured data manipulation between the various warehouses, outlets branches and the head office a procedure has been developed.
The head office system acts as the central control for many functions in the system, while each entity can operate on standalone basis. At the end of the day, data is pulled from and into the central unit leaving the head office with a full copy of all the operations and the reporting and analysis needed.
Company stock control and sales reporting : The Stock Control System is highly modular with very flexible file structure. It has the following features:
- Multiple warehouse, multiple location possibilities with item number of up to 25 alphanumeric digits long and no limit on the number of stock items.
- Item grouping can be done by several criteria (family, group, color, supplier, size country of origin, season, year, etc…).
- Price changes in percentage or amount by selected range of items based on many criteria.
- The system is linked with the purchase order handling system which keeps track of pending orders from the time they are placed until they are received in stock.
- Periodic and year end inventories with automatic adjustment of stock quantities and accounting movements.
- Rollback of cost computations to re-compute average prices of issues
- Stock inquiry can be done over all the warehouses and locations.
- A wide variety of inquiries and reporting.
- General accounting.
- Accounts receivable.
- Foreign purchases, costing of received goods and automated pricing of products.
- Budget and financial reporting.
- Bank statement reconciliations, prepaid accrual.
- Fixed assets management.
- Human resources.
- Time and attendance system.
- Local purchasing.
- Accounts payable and cheque printing.